my etsy shop

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pasta Soup

As you can see from this post, I am all about soups, lately anyways.  It is that time of year, that I love making soups and chowders.  I usually don't use a recipe, but just throw in what I have around the house.  They are delicious enough to make again, so I decided I had better start writing my recipes down.  This pasta soup is very tasty with a little Italian flair to it.  It is super easy to make.  The ingredients you will need are:

(Makes  approx. 8 Cups)

1/4 C. Onion (diced)
1/4 C. Celery (diced)
1/4 C. Carrots (diced)
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1 C. Spinach (chopped)
1/4 Pound Italian Sausage (mild or hot)
1/4 Pound Ground Lean Hamburger
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (10 oz)
4 C. Chicken Broth
2 C. Pasta (cooked)
1 Small Can of Hot and Spicy V8 Juice (8 oz)
Olive oil



Add 1 tablespoon of  olive oil to saute pan, add onions, celery, carrots and garlic, saute for about 3 minutes.  Add crumbled sausage (remove casing) and hamburg and cook through, add chopped spinach and cook til wilted, remove from heat.
 In large soup pot, add  chicken broth, v8 juice and  diced tomatoes, add cooked meat mixture and pasta, stir, and heat til hot.  Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle a little parmesean cheese on top and serve.


 

No comments: