my etsy shop

Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Up-cycled" Travel Journal







Today was another productive day creating. I have been so busy making travel journals for other people, I thought it was time I started making them for myself. Hopefully 2011 will be a year full of journeys for my husband and I. Last week my daughter and I hit the thrift stores in search of those fabulous finds....we are on this kick of buying old books and repurposing...or "upcycle-ing" them. Needless to say we came across lots of books to use in making our journals. I love the cloth cover of this book and the design on the front of the mountains and a pine tree. This makes for a perfect journal for me to use either in April when my husband and I will be hitting the mountains of western North Carolina....or when we make our trip to Maine this summer. This book is huge compared to my 5x7 travel journals I usual make....it measures 10 1/4 inches by 6 1/2 inches. It is perfect as each page hold two 4x6 photos if that is what I chose to put on them, and it even allows for some journaling. The book is bound using my "bind it all' book binder and recycled rings from a book I bought at a flea market. I love how it turned out, and I can't wait to go on vacation to use it. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool... I hope you get the chance to fill it with lots of fun memories. :)