my etsy shop

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Traditions....Tourtiere pie................


I have been up since 7:00 this morning, and am now sitting down for the first time all day. Been busy shopping and baking. Today I made my tourtiere pies. Six of them!! For those of you who don't know what they are...........it is usually a tradition of Quebec heritage to serve these on Christmas or Christmas eve. They are made with beef and/or pork. My family always served these on Christmas eve with homemade baked beans and homemade pickles and relishes. My family doesn't like baked beans, so I have carried on the tradition of having the pies on Christmas eve, along with 50 other appetizers. I brought one of the pies over to my daughter Danielle's place, and I delivered two to my neighbors, Vern and I will have one for dinner tonight, one will go to my sister in laws, and we will have one Christmas eve. I love Christmas...........and all the family traditions!!

No comments: